Post JET-career talk: Using your JET experience of bridging cultures in a global career
February 23, 2022 at 7:00 – 8:30 JST / February 22, 2022 at 17:00 – 18:30 EST
Panelists will share their personal stories of continuing with a Japan-related career after JET and time in Japan, their perspectives of Japan business developments abroad, and how the experience of studying Japanese, working and living in Japan has enabled them to contribute to relations between Japan and their home countries. As the first JET event to be in Japanese only, this panel aims to inspire current JET participants and JET alumni about how they can leverage their JET experience and language capabilities while contributing to closer collaboration between Japan and overseas.
Miyako Kusakabe, Counsellor/Deputy Executive Director, CLAIR New York (Japan Local Government Center)
• Jessica Cork, Vice President, Community Engagement and Corporate Communications, YKK Corporation
• Mark Keegan, General Manager, Corporate Communications and Sustainability at Mitsubishi Corporation (Americas); Director, Foundation, Mitsubishi Corporation
• David Boling, Deputy Assistant U.S. Trade Representative for Japan
• Matt Brown, Director, London, Brunswick Group
• Carmen Chan, Associate, San Francisco, Brunswick Group
Panel is cohosted by Brunswick Group, the U.S. JET Programme Alumni Association, and CLAIR New York. It is supported by Embassy of Japan in the United States of America.